The Empowerment Team Shades of Beauty mentoring program is a year-round program that meets from September-June and for six weeks during the summer. Every two years, Hip Hop 4 Life selects 10-15 young ladies who will be entering into the 10th grade to participate in the program. Those who are accepted are provided with two years of mentoring from Hip Hop 4 Life’s staff and other successful and dynamic women.
Young ladies remain with the Empowerment Team until their senior year of high school. After graduating from the program, alumni may continue their involvement with the organization as youth leaders and peer educators. Additionally, graduates of the Empowerment Team will receive internship referrals and college and job recommendations from Hip Hop 4 Life’s senior executives.
MEMBERSHIP IS FREE!!!
Becoming a Shades of Beauty Butterfly provides you with the opportunity to:
- Participate in interactive life skills training and health and nutrition workshops and other events.
- Meet and be mentored by Hip Hop 4 Life’s senior staff and dynamic women who have careers in the entertainment, sports and corporate industries.
- Attend exciting social and educational outings planned just for you.
- Receive assistance with college and career planning.
- Assist with the planning of and participate in Hip Hop 4 Life’s signature annual events.
- Plan and participate in community service projects and events.
- Develop your leadership potential, communication skills and self-esteem.