Inspire A Girl…Change The World!
Originally formed as a co-educational program, in 2012 the Empowerment Team was re-launched as the Empowerment Team Shades of Beauty Mentoring Program for girls. This two-year program serves tenth and eleventh grade students. Those who are accepted are provided with mentoring from Hip Hop 4 Life's staff and other successful and dynamic women.
Young ladies remain with the Empowerment Team until their senior year of high school. After graduating from the program, alumni may continue their involvement with the organization as youth leaders and peer educators. Additionally, graduates of the Empowerment Team will receive internship referrals and college and job recommendations from Hip Hop 4 Life's senior executives.
The next Empowerment Team Shades of Beauty Mentoring Program recruitment will be held May 2014.
Our Shades of Beauty Butterflies receive:
- Life skills training and health/nutrition workshops
- College and career planning
- The opportunity to plan events and community service projects
- Leadership training, and much more!
Empowerment Team Members:
- Oni, President
- Martinique, Vice-President
Empowerment Team Alum Enrolled in a College or University:
- Monique, Temple University Graduate
- Shayla, Emory University
- Pilar, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Prince, Syracuse University
- Myisha, Monroe College
- Shanice, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Alexis - Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Ahreana – Baruch College
- Davon – Delaware State University
- Norbert – Hofstra University
- Channel – Brooklyn College